Compare without extendedproperty

aspillertaspillert Posts: 20
edited December 19, 2012 11:31AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Is it possible to exclude between sp_addextendedproperty differences between views in two databases? The Extended Property filter rule doesn't seem to do anything.

Also - can a COMPARE be done without considering the format or whitespace in the view code? I use SQL Prompt to format on our test and production systems, but the developers use "Design", so format is always different.

Thank you for any assistance
AlanCHB

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Hi,

You probably want to be looking at the "Options" tab on your project configuration as opposed to filters.
    There's tickboxes in there to ignore differences in whitespace, and differences that only exist in the extended properties.

Hope that helps,

James
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• mmooremmoore Posts: 36 Bronze 4
    aspillert wrote:
    Is it possible to exclude between sp_addextendedproperty differences between views in two databases? The Extended Property filter rule doesn't seem to do anything.

Also - can a COMPARE be done without considering the format or whitespace in the view code? I use SQL Prompt to format on our test and production systems, but the developers use "Design", so format is always different.

I have this same issue. I really don't want the REDGATE extended properties added via SQL Source Control to be in my migration scripts. SQL Compare, no matter what you have set in the OPTIONS for "IGNORE" Extended Properties, still adds it at the end of the script. This is really frustrating.
    Mark Moore
    Software Engineer
    NTS Data Services, LLC
  • mmooremmoore Posts: 36 Bronze 4
    mmoore wrote:
    aspillert wrote:

I have this same issue. I really don't want the REDGATE extended properties added via SQL Source Control to be in my migration scripts. SQL Compare, no matter what you have set in the OPTIONS for "IGNORE" Extended Properties, still adds it at the end of the script. This is really frustrating.

After looking further into this, I noticed that this only applies to the Extended Properties that are added by SQL Source Control. They are always added, which in my case is pointless on my customer's Sql Server.
    Mark Moore
    Software Engineer
    NTS Data Services, LLC
  • mmoore wrote:
    After looking further into this, I noticed that this only applies to the Extended Properties that are added by SQL Source Control. They are always added, which in my case is pointless on my customer's Sql Server.

I don't think that's the case. I check-boxed this option in the "Ignore" section and still had the SQL Source Control version number update appear in the deployment script.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to not have to manually edit my script every time I deploy to an environment that's not under SQL Source Control, especially since those environments aren't always updated to the LATEST in our repository (we selectively deploy objects to the target environment).
  • Can you try selecting Edit Project/Options/Behavior/Ignore Migration Scripts for databases.

Does this help?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Is it possible to enable this option using the command line?
    Can you try selecting Edit Project/Options/Behavior/Ignore Migration Scripts for databases.

Does this help?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

The command line for this option is one of the following:
    /Options:DisableSOCForLiveDBs

Or using the alias
    /Options:dafld

Full list of the Command Line Options can be found HERE.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Hi,

The command line for this option is one of the following:
    /Options:DisableSOCForLiveDBs

Or using the alias
    /Options:dafld

Full list of the Command Line Options can be found HERE.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

That option works great! Thanks!