Event-Log Error: 0

TSchwabTSchwab Posts: 80
edited July 21, 2011 4:11AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
In the SQL-Prompt Eventlog I got many error messages with the same error:
:cry:

2011-05-30 10:48:18,636 [Data Source=xxxxx;Initial Catalog=master;Integrated Security=SSPI;Pooling=False;Application Name=Ubitsoft - SQL Server Management Object;Connection Timeout=15;] ERROR a.a [(null)] - Exception 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException'

Do you have any idea what this means?

The error happens when a new query window is opend or a database change occurs and SQL-Prompt is loading it's cache.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Thorsten

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post.

I have emailed you asking you for few more details.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Anything new?
    Do you have any solution?

I haven't heard from you... :?
    Regards,

Thorsten
  • Hi Thorsten,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you - unfortunately the log message doesn't give me a lot to go on, so this is going to be difficult to track down. I'd be grateful for a little more information from you:

1. What version of SQL Prompt are you using?
    2. Are there any noticeable effects on SQL Prompt's behaviour when this message is placed in the log?

Kind Regards,
    Mike
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Mike,

I'm using the most current version 5.1.4.11.

It seems everytime I start up my SSMS the error is written in the eventlog and the start of the SSMS takes awfully long. :roll:
    Regards,

Thorsten
  • Hi Thorsten,

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this. I'm struggling to find anywhere in the current code that could generate this exception (which isn't to say it isn't there somewhere :? ), but it is still on my list of tasks.

Have you tried using Prompt version 5.1.6.35? Does the problem still occur, and if so, is the message in the log exactly the same?

Kind Regards,
    Mike
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Mike,

I'm still getting the error message in the eventlog (every few minutes) about 40x a day... :cry:

Any idea...?

I'm using SQL-Prompt 5.1.6.35
    Regards,

Thorsten