Options

restore time VERY slow (compared to native SQL restore)

2»

Comments

• Options
    brosatobrosato Posts: 89 Bronze 2
    Restore never starts at all with 6.4.0.1015. Process is waiting on PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS.
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Can you back up using 6.4.0.1015? Can you back up a small database and restore it?

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    petey wrote:
    Can you back up using 6.4.0.1015? Can you back up a small database and restore it?

Thanks.

Here's what happening. If I specify the filename of a full backup, [\\Recovery\SQLBackups\Nasdaq\CustomerViews\FULL_CustomerViews_20100811_083903.sqb], it will restore. If I use [\\Recovery\SQLBackups\Nasdaq\CustomerViews\*.sqb] LATEST_FULL the restore never starts.
  • Options
    Could you please download 6.4.0.1015 again? I've fixed the hanging issue with the LATEST_ALL option.

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • Options
    I think that took care of it. I'm going to try something a bit larger with more files.
  • Options
    Everything seems to be working ok now.
  • Options
    Yes, 6.4.0.1015 has done it all so far. I have been able to restore that 30GB database using the Latest_All option from a network backup source with many backup files present. The full restore component completed in just over 44 minutes, just like 6.4.0.56. It has also worked with several smaller databases, too.

Fantastic!!

Thanks for all your efforts, Pete.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your efforts in testing this patch release.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • Options
    All my test restores went off without a hitch last night. Thanks Pete.