Options

Redgate GUI splash appears, then application disappears

Jerrys0812Jerrys0812 Posts: 13
edited July 6, 2010 1:06PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I cannot connect to my 5th server. I get a "error opening mutex". The agent is running fine. The GUI does not run properly as the splash screen appears and then disappears with the application never opening the server list. No GUI appears at all save the splash screen. What is going on?
Jerry Sommerville
IS Support, DBA
Crown Equipment Corp

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Sorry that you have encountered a problem. I suspect that SQL Backup GUI user cache files may have corrupted for some reason, can you please follow the steps below to see if it resolves the issue:

1. Close the SQL Backup GUI.

2. On the machine where the SQL Backup GUI is installed, naviagte to this directory:
    Windows 2003 and XP
    C:\Documents and settings\<User_Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Server Data

Windows 2008, Vista and 7
    C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Server Data

3. In the above folder you will find one or more .dat file, for example 1.dat, 8.dat localDataCache.dat. Delete all the .dat files so that the Server Data folder is now empty.

4. Now startup the SQL Backup GUI, reopening the SQL Backup will recreate the .dat previously deleted in the previous step.

5. Ensure that all the registered servers successfully connect. Each server may take slightly longer to connect.

I hope the above resolves the problem.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com