Can I copy the script summary?

whenriksenwhenriksen Posts: 25
edited December 23, 2010 5:43AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
I'd love to be able to copy the summarized script from the summary window. Can Control+C be enabled in that window, or a button to copy the text?

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and your feedback regarding the product.

I have logged this request on our internal tracking system whose id is SR-880.

It will be reviewed for a future release of SQL Refactor although we have no timescales for this at present.

I will update you as soon as this functionality is incorporated.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Can I ask what you'll be using the summarized script output for? It will help us understand what may be required in fashioning a solution.

Thanks,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • I've found the summary is helpful in displaying the logic and flow of a procedure when the discussion is centered on the when and how of a statement, rather than the what.

Being able to copy/paste the text will allow me to use it in many more ways, including my external notes and flowcharts.

Ideally, the copy process would only grab text that had been expanded and not text that was collasped.
  • dbbishopdbbishop Posts: 16 Bronze 2
    I too would love the ability to expand the summary listing to the level I feel comfortable with and either copy/paste it or print it.

I get into cases where I am asked to make changes to someone elses code. Being able to view the summary gives me a quick overview of what is being accomplished in 1,500 lines of code. To be able to have a hard-copy of that summary would be an invalueable tool!
  • I too would love to have the option to use the gathered information outside the summary report. If it were possible to call the summary report from a script and pipe the results to a file, it would really be a great help in building flow charts and execution schemas for my stored processes.