Options

iSQL Backup exit code: 1050 (not working at all currently)

Jeff RandallJeff Randall Posts: 41
edited June 14, 2006 12:06PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Backing up usc001prd (full database) to:
\\endive\d$\SQLBackups\SOY_usc001prd_20060612_121124.sqb

Thread 0 error:
Process terminated unexpectedly. Error code: -2139684860

Server: Msg 3013
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Failed to close vdi.

SQL Backup exit code: 1050
SQL error code: 3013

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Jeff,

It sounds like you need a patch from us. Please see this topic for the specific details.

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=2387
  • Options
    What is the best way to determin the MAXTRANSFERSIZE I should be using? Trial and Error?
  • Options
    Thanks, this seems to be working great now...

One other question...
    I have tested this new version 4.2.511 importing log files created from an older version (4.1.0.207).
    Can an older version (4.1.0.207) import log files generated by 4.2.511? This does not seem to be working for me currently, however I have not delved into it too deaply yet to figure out if that is the problem, or if there is another issue...
  • Options
    Sorry, posted this in the 'sticky topic'

Despite having just loaded the patch for this, I continue to get errors on backup-

SQL Backup exit code :1050
    SQL error code:3202

Write on "SQLBACKUP_<string>" failed: 112(There is not enough space on the disk.)
    Failed to close vdi

Needless to say, I've checked for sufficient disk space.
  • Options
    One addition-
    I've tried the MAXTRANSFERSIZE option available, using all the prescribed sizes, from 1 mb down to 64K and I still get this issue.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Randy,

It sounds like you should be fiddling with the MAXDATABLOCK parameter to get this working.

MAXDATABLOCK prevents SQL error 112, and MAXTRANSFER prevents the 'failed to close VDI' error.
  • Options
    One other question...
    I have tested this new version 4.2.511 importing log files created from an older version (4.1.0.207).
    Can an older version (4.1.0.207) import log files generated by 4.2.511? This does not seem to be working for me currently, however I have not delved into it too deaply yet to figure out if that is the problem, or if there is another issue...
  • Options
    Currently the server running 4.1.0.207 successfully restores the log files sometimes.

For instance last night it ran just fine from 3:30 PM - 10: PM
    At 10: PM I have Log Shipping stop so I can run the nightly backups.

At midnight when log shipping was supposed ot kick back in the restore began hanging.
    It doesn't fail, but it does not process any records, and it was running for over 7 hours before I canceled the job...