problem with schedule

xitixiti Posts: 5
edited June 6, 2006 5:17AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I've got a problem with a schedule. I've created a shcedule at 17h everyday, it worked one day, then i changed the hour of this schedule to 23h, and now, the schedule is launching every day at 17h AND 23h. When i edit this schedule job in the GUI, i only have the 23h job. Why do i still have the 17h one working ?

Is there another way than using the GUI to see the schedule jobs ?

Thank you

(using red_gate backup 4.2 and sql 2000)

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    You can use Enterprise Manager to check if there is one or two schedules set up for the job. Look under Management\SQL Server Agent\Jobs.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Thank you, i checked the sql agent and there is only the 23h schedule ...

The server probably needs a reboot ... ?
    Could you pls run the following

SELECT a.name, b.* FROM msdb..sysjobs a INNER JOIN msdb..sysjobschedules b ON a.job_id = b.job_id ORDER BY a.name

and check how many schedules are returned for your job? Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • still the same :

SQL Backup job updated on 05/06/2006 17:13:43 8 37219390-850E-4750-A3B3-FA87211BBBAD Schedule 1 1 4 1 1 0 0 0 20060602 99991231 230000 235959 20060606 230000 2006-06-05 17:14:23.420

How can this be possible ? it happened again yesterday, I've received an e-mail for the 17h schedule and i've got the .sqb on my network share.

i've got other servers register in my SQL GUI, don't have any problems with them ... don't know if this can help.
    Can you view the job history for that job? Does it show details of the 17:00 run? If not, then perhaps the backup is being initiated from another server?
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • Ok, by looking in the schedule job in sql management, i saw a strange thing : the schedule was saying every day at 23h, but in the column "date of the futur execution" there was 17h !!!

I have deleted this job in the SQL management, and re-created it in the SQL Backup GUI, and now the column "date of the futur execution" say 23h. I think that i have get read of the problem, i will confirm this, this afternoon after 17h ^^

Thank you for the help