Options

Error 'Unhandled BLOB type for 231.'

albsilvaalbsilva Posts: 3
edited February 23, 2007 1:27PM in SQL Log Rescue
Hi,
I'm getting this error when trying to recover some dropped tables.

I've managed to recover smaller tables (up to 20 records) but with others I get always this error.

I'm using version 1.1.0.229

Thanks,
Alberto Silva

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Is there any chance we can get hold of your live database file, transaction log, and any backups you're attaching?

If so, can you e-mail them to support@red-gate.com

- Neil
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Neil,
    I will attend the MEDC Europe this week and the following week I'll send you the files.

Thanks,
    Alberto Silva
  • Options
    I have gotten all but one table in my database. One table where this error occurred finally worked however there is one that this error continues to appear on.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I think this can happen if there is a significant schema change in a table. Basically, the backup file indicates that the BLOB column is one type (say, an TEXT) and then you change the column to another (say, NTEXT). Log Rescue will then try to retrieve this column as TEXT when it is not.

I don't see any workaround for this. We will definitely look into making Log Rescue more happy about schema changes. If you start with a more recent full backup and compare some more recent logs, I'd imagine that Log Rescue would work just fine.
  • Options
    We're also having a problem that a BLOB 231 error is generated.
    Has there been anyone who has come up with a workaround solution ?

Annoying also that shift-click for selecting multiple lines doesn't work in the interface so either full select or one-by-one. Tedious work :-(