Options

4.2 Install fails

markgendeinmarkgendein Posts: 12
edited May 30, 2006 4:20PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have SQL Backup installed on a few servers, but one in particular is giving me trouble.
A few seconds after clicking the 'Install' button, I get a message that says 'The wizard was interrupted before SQL Backup could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified..." Then I click finish and the install closes without doing anything.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you pls copy SQBServerSetup.exe from one of the other servers that has SQL Backup installed, and run this file on this server? It contains the SQL Backup server components (service app, extended stored procedure library and shell extensions). Does it also raise an error?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response.

No error from SQBServerSetup
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Strange then. You can already use the extended stored procedures with this installation.

If you need the other stuff (GUI, command line interface, help file), you can just copy them over from another server, but obviously they would need to be manually removed when you decide to 'uninstall' them.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8