Options

SQL 2005 64bit (x64) version on Windows 2003 x64

bradbarnettbradbarnett Posts: 2
edited May 30, 2006 3:45PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if this new version (4.2) will work with sql 2005 64bit (x64) version.

I have successfully had SQL backup version 4.1 working with the 32Bit version of sql 2005. But I cannot get it working with the 64Bit version.

Whats the word on support for this?

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The command line executable (SQLBackupC.exe) will work with the 64-bit versions of SQL Server (x64 and IA64). Version 4.5 will enable the SQL Backup extended stored procedures to run on 64-bit SQL Servers. 4.5 beta is expected to be out within the next couple of weeks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    I have the sqlbackupc.exe installed, but not the extended stored procedures etc under 64bit. However, when I go to run it right after the install, I get a message that the trial period has expired. How do I go about telling it that I'm just getting started or what ever?
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    You cannot just 'install' SQLBackupC.exe without having to install the rest of the stuff. At the very least, you need to have installed the SQL Backup service to create the trial license.

We have also just released 4.5 Beta, which adds support for running SQL Backup extended stored procedures on 64-bit SQL Servers. It also offers improved compression speed for level 1 (sometimes with even better compression ratio), and much better compression with compression level 3. Restore speed has also been improved.

See http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2542 for details.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8