The order to apply Full text index

RobertoRoberto Posts: 13
edited May 25, 2006 9:58AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have a database that uses tables with full text index, it has stored procedures that uses "contains".

I created a snapshot with this database, then I create a new empty database. When I tried to apply snapshot to new database I received the next error:

[7601] Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table 'mwPRO_Traduccion' because it is not full-text indexed.

The following SQL command caused the error:

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.spPRO_Buscador

What I think is "SqlCompare" tried to create stored procedure first, without create full text index on tables and catalogs. I Think the right order is inverse.

My manual solution today is: I apply snapshot 2 times, first all without stored procedures that use "contains", and second I apply those stored procedures.

Regards,
Roberto

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Roberto,

Sorry about this. The root problem is that you can't create a full-text catalogue inside a transaction. This leaves us with two options: script the full text before the rest of the schema or afterwards. If we move the fulltext columns to the top of the script, then the creation of the catalogues may fail because the column doesn't exist yet because it needs to be added by the script.
  • Hi Brian,

I understand. I think is a good idea that at least SqlCompare gives a warning message about this problem.

Regards