Options

Suggestions

tsorentsoren Posts: 15 Bronze 2
edited May 23, 2006 12:34PM in SQL Dependency Tracker
This has been a very helpful tool and a huge improvement over V1.

It would be very helpful for:

1) different shapes and/or colors to easier distinguish object types (especially tables, views, stored procedures, triggers) especially when looking at a large chart.

2) to be able to either filter and/or have an indication as to the type of dependency. For example. if you select a table indicate the methods used by the stored procedure for access (ie. Select, Update, Delete). This would help when trying to isolate which SP's need to be looked at to debug which stored procedure may be corrupting data on a table.

I have not seen how current version can do these types of things, but if I missed it, please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi tsoren,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. To achieve this you can select an object, pull down the Edit menu (or right click the object) and choose Select, then Same Type. This will select all objects of that type. Then right click, select Properties, and change the colour. All selected objects will change colour.

(There is an issue in the 2.0 release if your selection is very large; this is fixed in our 2.1 release, which is upcoming will be free to existing customers.)

2. Duly noted. The best you can do is to right click, select View SQL Script, and inspect the script visually for the reference. This gives you more detail than an indicator as to the type of dependency - of course it may be too much detail for you.

All the best,

Dan