Options

Required files for using the command line tools

Ben MillsBen Mills Posts: 50
In the help topic "Integrating Command Line Tools With Applications", it specifies several files that I need to include to use SQL Comare (and SQL Data Compare) on the command line. I don't seem to be able to find all of these files. An example is RedGate.CommandLine.BuildInfo.dll, but there are several others. Is this old documentation for version 3? Is so, can you post an updated list for version 5.x?

Thanks,
Ben Mills

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry. I posted this in the wrong forum. It should have been in the SQL Compare forum. The only files I can't find for SQL Data Compare are:

RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Distribution.dll
    RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Distribution.mod

I know that these used to be created in version 3 when you keyed in your license keys, but that doesn't seem to be the case in version 5.

Can anyone tell me where to find them (or if I even need them anymore)?

Thanks,
    Ben
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Ben,

They will be created in the SQL Bundle installation folder, once the command-line tool has been activated by successfully running a comparison using one of the command line tools.
  • Options
    Thanks. I got this working. I had thought that using the SQL Data Compare UI would create those files. I didn't realize that you had to use the command line tool to force them to be created.

Thanks again,
    Ben
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Ben,

I did have that feeling! Thanks for getting back.
This discussion has been closed.