Object Differences - no horizontal scroll bar

paultpault Posts: 10
In the "Object Differences" window, there is no horizontal scroll bar if the number of columns is greater than can be displayed.

Is this a known issue or just happening on my system?

nohorizscrollbar5sw.th.jpg

There's another couple of columns in this table that can't be displayed...

Comments

• Hi there,

This is a bug in SQL Data Compare however it was classified as unlikey to occur for a customer so didn't get fixed - Sorry :( - the reason it is happening is you have a very large number of Key columns which are normally fixed to the left of the grid and the scroll bar appears to the right of the key columns under the non-key columns - the best work around I have for you at this second is to resize your key columns so they take less space up and your non key columns will then be scrollable (the scroll bar will be at the end of your key columns) - Hope this makes sense.

Sorry that you have been affected by this issue and it will be reviewed to be fixed in future versions.

- James
    --
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. It is a pretty unlikely table (as all the fields are included in a custom key for comparison purposes), and it's not causing me a major problem - I just maximise the window over 2 monitors :-)