Options

Copy/paste or export comparison results

rsterbalrsterbal Posts: 9
I would like to copy and paste the summary results to Excel or log the summary comparison results to a file in order to maintain a log of the comparisons that I have run.

Is there an easy way to do this?

-Robert Sterbal
412-261-4791 x3412

Comments

• Options
    Hi Robert,

The way to do this is to choose the Export Comparison Results menu item from the Tools menu then export everything - this will create a load of files in the target directory - 4 for each table and 1 called Results Summary.csv - the results summary contains the same information as the main grid - you should then be able to load it into excel. Each of the other files contains the actual data for each table in CSV if you do not need these you can delete all but the Results Summary.csv file after the export.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

- James
    --
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Actually, I am looking for an intelligent grid. Some applications have them, some don't. Usually you need to upgrade the grid tool you are using in the application. This is a fairly substantial request if there is no way to turn it on with the current tool.

On the other hand, it really would improve usability for ad hoc comparisons.

-Robert Sterbal
    412-261-4791 x3412
This discussion has been closed.