Scheduled backup does not start

carmelcwcarmelcw Posts: 14
Hi,

I have used the wizard to create the Schedule backup, which backup all user database in every Mon-Fri at 12:00am.

But when I come back in the morning, the job doesn't seen to be run and there is no log indicate the job fail.

Do I have missed something?

Thanks for everyone in advance.
Carmel Lee

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The backup task is created as a SQL Server Agent job. Is the SQL Server Agent service started?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Hi Peter,

I have checked the SQL Server Agent which is started. But It still not running at the scheduled time.

I have tried to force the job to run and It can run success.

Do you know what will occur that not run in the scheduled time?

Many thanks,
    Carmel Lee
    What do you see in the job history for that job? If it started, there should be some bit of history information there.

If it didn't even start, I would check if there is a schedule set up for that job, that the schedule is enabled and also that the job itself is enabled.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • I created a scheduled backup to backup 15 databases and the job never starts. Everything is enabled and when I check the history there is no history for the job. When I manually try and start it it does not run. When copy the script and run it in SQL Analyzer it runs.
    Could you pls try creating a similar job manually, with the same script, and try running it? This usually reveals subtle differences in the setup. If the manually created job runs, let us know the missing settings in the SQB Backup created job. Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software