Memory Profiler won't find .Net 1.1 app but will find 2.0

I have a site on my machine that I wanted to test against. It is an ASP.NET site and setup to run under .NET 1.x. The same machine also has the VS 2005 and .NET 2.0 framework. When I attempt to profile the application under .NET 1.x, an error comes back stating that the site is not a .net site or it cannot find .net. If I go into IIS and set the site to use .NET 2.0, it finds the site fine.

I need to profile under .NET 1.1. How can I do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi there,

I'm sorry that you are running into problems with this. ANTS Profiler works out which version of .NET to use for profiling ASP.NET apps by looking at the script maps in the IIS metabase store. For it to work 100% of the time, you need to choose the url that you want to profile from the drop down list in the user interface. If it cannot find an appropriate script map it will default to the latest .NET Framework version that you have installed (2.0) in your case.

You can get ANTS Profiler to create some log files that will help us to pin point the problem. Create a folder called 'Logs' where you installed ANTS Profiler. We really need the service log, so use the control panel to stop and start the ANTS Profiler service.

Regards,

Tom Harris

Red Gate Software