Options

SQL Packager 5 doesn't have all the power of Data Compare 5

John WillistonJohn Williston Posts: 5
edited April 11, 2006 5:13PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
The new Data Compare 5 is great, insofar as I can now compare tables that lack primary keys and such. That's a great feature, and a necessary one given the goofy legacy environment in which I toil. As near as I can tell, though, it seems that Packager 5 lacks this finesse, and that's where I really need it, insofar as I can barely trust users to double-click the .NET executables generaged by Packager. Is this something that I'm missing? Or is that functionality coming to Packager soon (hint, hint)? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

you are absolutely right; we have not added all the new power of the SQL Data Compare 5 Engine to the SQL Packager 5 user interface. As you will have noticed SQL Packager 5 has received much less attention in this release than SQL Compare or SQL Data Compare. We would love to bring SQL Packager up to the same standard as SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare, but I can't make any promises right now :(

Thanks,

Tom Harris

Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Well, thanks for confirming my suspicions. It's not a killer omission, insofar as I can use the new Data Compare to generate a script, which I can then manually insert into a custom, .NET project created by Packager. It would just be nice to have it done auto-magically for me.