Problem with SQL script

rbennet8rbennet8 Posts: 74
edited April 7, 2006 9:26AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
If I save the script from a package, I only get the letter 'S' when I try to open the SQL file in Query Analyzer. If I cut and paste the text into Query Analyzer, I can execute the script. Once I save from Query Analyzer, the script is OK to use. Is there an Option I need to set for file format?

Comments

• After rebooting, today it seems that the SQL script has resolved itself. Yesterday I dowloaded and install the SQLbundle5. I immediately start using each of the products. All of the SQL scripts that I created yesterday seem to have a format problem. When I open them in Query Analyzer, only the first character appears, either the 'S" or '/' depending on the first row from either Packager or Compare.

Today, after turning my PC off overnight, Any script I rebuild using either Packager or Compare works perfectly. Curious as to what happened.
  • At some point, The scripts began the same behavior I saw yesterday. It does not seem to matter whether it is packager or compare, the script that I create will only show the first character when opened in Query Analyzer. I will be glad to attach one if you can tell me how.
  • Hi

Not wanting to pass the buck but it sounds more like a problem with your installation rather than the products.

Can you try saving the script in Unicode format and seeing if the same behaviour occurs.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • But that is the format that I chose when saving the SQL scripts. In fact, that appears to be the new default format for SQL compare and Packager.
  • If you are always using the Unicode format that rules out any problems with QA importing the information incorrectly.
    have you opened the scripts in Notepad to ensure that they are OK.
    If they are then it looks more likely that the SQL installation is having a problem - increase the memory, or dbcc freeproccache etc to unallocated memory from SQL Server.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd