Tab History error: SQLQueryKeeper.UI.Views.ScriptViewer

CowskiCowski Posts: 23 New member
edited September 5, 2014 8:12AM in SQL Prompt
I'm running SSMS 2012 and SQL Prompt 6.3.0.354 and every time I click on "Tab History" I get the "SQL Prompt - Notify Red Gate of this error." dialog box. I've been getting it off and on for a couple of weeks & finally got fed up with it.

What do I need to do to fix this since I haven't heard back from red gate support on how to fix it.

The error I'm getting (what was in the subject line) is:

SQLQueryKeeper.UI.Views.ScriptViewer

Hopefully that helps.
Thanks!

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Cowski,

I just had a look at your error report and it looks like it's throwing an exception on trying to create the Tab History form complaining it can't find the resources to create it (they're definitely there as I can see them if I install on a clean VM). Since we've mostly just got error reports from your machine I'm wondering if there's something specific about it that's resulting in this exception.

Just to clarify, is this intermittently happening ("off and on") or does it happen every single time the button is clicked? and did it only start occurring a couple of weeks ago, and before that it was fine?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • CowskiCowski Posts: 23 New member
    Aaron Law wrote:
    Hi Cowski,

I just had a look at your error report and it looks like it's throwing an exception on trying to create the Tab History form complaining it can't find the resources to create it (they're definitely there as I can see them if I install on a clean VM). Since we've mostly just got error reports from your machine I'm wondering if there's something specific about it that's resulting in this exception.

Just to clarify, is this intermittently happening ("off and on") or does it happen every single time the button is clicked? and did it only start occurring a couple of weeks ago, and before that it was fine?

Thanks,
    Aaron.

Aaron,

It was working fine up to a couple of weeks ago. And the error is consistent. I have no way of getting into the Tab History at all. Before that, it worked like a champ! Loved it!! Used it very often. And now I miss it. :cry:

Help!!! :(
    There's a small possibility the Prompt installed on your machine has become corrupted for some reason, to rule this out as a cause could you try uninstalling and reinstalling Prompt (here's a link to the latest stable build. Also make sure the Prompt directory in program files is completely removed after the uninstall)

Otherwise can you think of anything that changed a couple of weeks ago that might be relevant?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • CowskiCowski Posts: 23 New member
    ...I hope.

I was going to uninstall as you suggested, Aaron. Closed SSMS 2012 and went to Programs and Features to uninstall SQL Prompt.

I r-clicked on SQL Prompt 6 & noticed "Uninstall" and "Repair". Okay...let's try repair first befor uninstalling. Ran it and reloaded SSMS 2012 and clicked on Tab History. BOOM!! There are my tabs!!

So as the cliche' says, "Moving forward...." If someone encounters something such as this. Close SSMS, run the repair feature within the Program and Features section of SQL Prompt 6 and it hopefully will rectify the issue. If not, uninstall & reinstall.

Thanks, Aaron for getting me started on this!! Tell your manager I said you could have the rest of the day off for helping me! If he has issues with that, he's welcome to contact me!
    :lol:
    Haha, I'm glad to hear it's all sorted! :)