Commandline option when dependent assembly is missing?

hwagterveldhwagterveld Posts: 3
edited September 10, 2014 2:25AM in SmartAssembly
Using SmartAssembly UI it signals that a dependent assembly is not included and should have a stong name: at least one dependency that has not been merged is not strongly named.

Is it possible to let the SmartAssembly build fail in this case when you run it from commandline? I cannot find an option to do so. Currently, running SmartAssembly from commandline is possible and it succeeds even when the dependent assembly is not included in the saproj file.

Regards,

Henk

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Henk,

Thanks for your post!

So sorry, just to confirm, is the following warning the one that you're seeing post-build: "At least one dependency does not have a strong name. As your assembly has been signed with a strong name key, it may fail to load this dependency"?

If it's not, could you kindly send a screenshot of the warning or error?

For the warning I mentioned though, there isn't a way to have this make builds fail, I'm afraid. I've logged a feature request for the command line output to at least show the warning (now logged as SA-1856 ). Thanks for the feedback!

If it is a different warning you're getting though, please let me know!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Hi Jessica,

Yes, this is indeed the warning. Thanks for this feature request, it would help us indicating earlier that our software needs some dependencies merged in the exe.

Regards, Henk