Options

SDO_GEOMETRY

mhdelangemhdelange Posts: 3
edited August 26, 2014 6:25AM in Data Compare for Oracle
Has anyone did some comparisons with tables containing datatype SDO_GEOMETRY?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Thanks for asking. SDO_GEOMETRY is an object type and if you look in the tables section of Data Compare for Oracle, you can see that columns of this type have a "cannot be mapped" warning next to them. I don't believe that Data Compare for Oracle can compare object types.
    describe SDO_GEOMETRY
    user type definition

TYPE SDO_GEOMETRY AS OBJECT (
    SDO_GTYPE NUMBER,
    SDO_SRID NUMBER,
    SDO_POINT SDO_POINT_TYPE,
    SDO_ELEM_INFO SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY,
    SDO_ORDINATES SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY,
    MEMBER FUNCTION GET_GTYPE
    RETURN NUMBER DETERMINISTIC,
    MEMBER FUNCTION GET_DIMS
    RETURN NUMBER DETERMINISTIC,
    MEMBER FUNCTION GET_LRS_DIM
    RETURN NUMBER DETERMINISTIC)
  • Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reaction. I did see the warning when I try to compare two database-users. I was looking for a cause why it doesn't work :-)

Can it be, that Data Compare for Oracle can't use spatial queries to compare these colums because of the lack of 'Oracle Spatial' licensing?

Anyway, I will try to find a way around it.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    To be more precise, Data Compare for Oracle does not compare complex object types - ie datatypes that are actually composed of a list of properties having their own name and datatype. It's not specifically a lack of support for spatial objects, it's an inability to know how to compare types of data that are more complicated than just a collection of bytes that are stored in a predictable way.

For all intents though, Data Compare for Oracle would not be ab le to compare these spatial types because they use object types to hold the information and Data Compare does not support object types.

It's something that Red Gate are looking to support.