Options

Installation error

KennethtruyersKennethtruyers Posts: 5
edited August 21, 2014 3:09AM in Deployment Manager
When trying to install deployment manager on my Win 8.1 workstation for evaluation purposes I get an error:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

The event log shows the following:

Product: Deployment Manager -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallIisComponents, location: DISM.exe, command: /Online /NoRestart /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-ApplicationDevelopment /FeatureName:IIS-WebServer /FeatureName:IIS-CommonHttpFeatures /FeatureName:IIS-RequestFiltering /FeatureName:IIS-Security /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerManagementTools /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerRole /FeatureName:IIS-ManagementConsole /FeatureName:IIS-ManagementScriptingTools /FeatureName:IIS-ASPNET45 /FeatureName:IIS-NetFxExtensibility45 /FeatureName:IIS-StaticContent /FeatureName:IIS-DefaultDocument /FeatureName:IIS-HttpErrors /FeatureName:IIS-HttpRedirect /FeatureName:IIS-WindowsAuthentication /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIFilter /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIExtensions /All

When I execute that command in a command prompt it runs fine.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    That error normally means that the machine has a restart pending (i.e. some other installation or update requires a restart). Restarting the machine and retrying the installation will hopefully fix it.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software