When does the automation pack get the latest updates?

joshsensusjoshsensus Posts: 8 Bronze 1
edited October 9, 2014 8:45AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
I currently have licenses for the SQL Developer Bundle and Oracle Deployment Suite on my local machine, and have the automation pack on a build server and have noticed that the versions in the automation pack are behind the versions of the UI versions.

i.e. SCO.exe in my UI version is 3.0.3.427
SCO.exe in the automation pack is 3.0.0.796 and there are no updates detected after checking for updates.

--
Josh
--
Josh

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

Sorry about this, I suspect that it is an oversight between the development team responsible for the Automation Pack and the team responsible for our Oracle Tools.

I will check to see what actions need to be taken to update the Oracle Tool versions in the Automation Pack and update this topic when I have further information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • This is also appearing for the SQL tools as I had just used the oracle versions as an example.
    --
    Josh
    Hi

Quick update regarding this forum topic.

I have been informed that an update to the SQL Automation Pack is scheduled to be released mid to late September 2014 that will include later or newer versions of our Oracle Tools.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Good news, the recent release of SQL Automation Pack V1.1.1.2102 now includes updated versions of the oracle tools:

Schema Compare for Oracle V3.0.4.521
    Data Compare for Oracle V2.5.4.260

Also SQL Compare that is included in the Automation Pack is now using the V11 components.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd