System.StackOverFlow Exception

cbranckecbrancke Posts: 2
edited April 21, 2006 4:46PM in SQL Log Rescue
Hi,
Log rescue has successfully recovered all the tables in my application, except one with about 200,000 records in it. When I click on the "DROP TABLE" record in the grid, I am getting "System.StackOverflowException has occurred" with some debuggers listed; the Rescue app closes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Chris,

Sorry for the delay in answering. Can you please write to support@red-gate.com and get Log Rescue 1.1? Thanks.
  • I am not sure which version is provided with the Rescue Bundle, but I have also run into this error.

This error appears to be thrown when I select a number of transactions from within the log and attempt to generate an Undo script.

I am also getting another error (see other thread).
  • If you can please email support@red-gate.com and we can let you have the latest version of Log Rescure to see if this resolves your problem.

Many thanks,

- James
    --
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • I have downloaded the patched version, as instructed, but the build is gimped; I cannot generate undo or redo scripts from the transaction logs.

Each time I do so, I get a dialog box indicating the feature is not available in the evaluation version and that I should purchase the full version.

I dont have a problem buying the software, but as of now your website describes the download as "fully functional", and to be frank, I am not 100% satisfied with the currently available trial version (see posts about StackException and Resource file errors).

I am a very happy license holder of SQLData Compare, but this so far has not looked promising.