Options

database user account creation

dbagurudbaguru Posts: 12
edited March 24, 2006 1:55PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I created a package of an sql2000 db (with table schemas and users, but no data) to recreate on another server (sql2k). The installation failed when a db user account did not exist in the destination. It appears that the account isnt being created ?? The account is not a windows account but only exists in the database (not under security/logins, but under db/users).

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Can you please make sure you've selected the user when you've created the package under 'select the schema objects'? SQL Packager should add the login (to security) as well as grant database access if the user doesn't exist in the target database.
  • Options
    Yes, and in fact there are 7 logins on the source database that do not exist in the destination, I have selected them all. I receive the same error for each one, even after I edit the package and deselect the user name that failed and rerun the package.
    Hello,

Can you please make sure you've selected the user when you've created the package under 'select the schema objects'? SQL Packager should add the login (to security) as well as grant database access if the user doesn't exist in the target database.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Sorry -- what was the error message exactly?