BLOB showing up as changed even though no changes

planetawylieplanetawylie Posts: 10
Hi,

When I compare 2 tables for changes, the BLOB data is compared and shows up in the final output script sql as an UPDATE, even though nothing changed.

What would cause this to happen? How is the BLOB compare done...is it because the actual storage of the BLOB data is slightly different in one database to the next.

Thanks, Andrew

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your support request.

A support call has been created for you HERE. (You may need to create a RedgateID to be able to view and update it.)

Can you please update the call or send an email to [support@red-gate.com] quoting call reference #24022, with an example of what you are experiencing?

Please check to see if you have the 'Trim trailing spaces' option selected or enabled? Edit project ->Options tab ->Comparison Behavior section ->Trim trailing white space.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thank you for your support request.

A support call has been created for you HERE. (You may need to create a RedgateID to be able to view and update it.)

Can you please update the call or send an email to [support@red-gate.com] quoting call reference #24022, with an example of what you are experiencing?

Please check to see if you have the 'Trim trailing spaces' option selected or enabled? Edit project ->Options tab ->Comparison Behavior section ->Trim trailing white space.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Hi,

I already have the 'Trim trailing white space' option selected. And what would need to be uploaded to the support team, two blobs that were compared? If so, I'll need to anonymize everything in it first.

Thanks, Andrew