syntax to connect as sysdba in command line?

joshsensusjoshsensus Posts: 8 Bronze 1
edited July 22, 2014 1:55AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Is there any way to connect as sys as sysdba via the command line? I can do it through the UI but want to automate the compares and report generation in the same way that we run the UI.

Thanks in advance.
--
Josh

Comments

• It didn't seem to have a way to do it. So in line with "doing six impossible things before breakfast" the next version will have that feature. I tried to base in the behaviour of sqlplus.

e.g.
    user/pass@tns{SchemaA, SchemaB} [AS (Normal | SYSDBA | SYSOPER)]
    or
    user/pass@host[:port]/service{SchemaA, SchemaB} [AS (Normal | SYSDBA | SYSOPER)]

(Also as a bonus I've added /indirect - which behaves in the same way as Application Options -> Prefer direct connection)

In the interim you could use the command line and specify the project that you've saved from Schema Compare.

Would that work for you?
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • joshsensusjoshsensus Posts: 8 Bronze 1
    Unfortunately running projects isn't ideal as we have a variable amount of schemas to compare against as part of some unit testing. I have been able to run via command line using some other logins that are created as part of our product. This only worked after upgrading to the latest upgrade that was made available last week.

If the functionality to run as sysdba could be added in the near future that would be great!
    --
    Josh
  • The next release has this functionality available. If you'd like an early version of the tool just drop me an email and you can download it.

Obviously we're still working on that release currently.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd