Show MSI error code 1603 when install SQL prompt 6.4/6.3

qmsrobinqmsrobin Posts: 10
edited July 11, 2014 2:45AM in SQL Prompt
Hi, when I install sql prompt, it show MSI error code 1603,please help me, thanks.

Comments

• Hi Robin,

I'm one of the developers on SQL Prompt. Sorry you've had issues installing the software!

Unfortunately, the error code is basically saying "something went wrong". What we'd like to do is run the install and log the details, telling us exactly what went wrong.

I think it would probably quickest if we have a remote session to get this sorted out. If this is OK for you, please send me an email at david.priddle@red-gate.com and we'll sort out a time we can both manage.

Best regards,

David
  • Hi David,

I sent email to you, thanks.

Regards
  • Hi David,

Could you tell me which dot net framework version to develop sql prompt? Myabe I will reinstall dot net framework. I will try it. Did you check my email?

Thanks.
  • Hi Robin,

Apologies, due to the Tour de France I was unable to make it into the office yesterday.

SQL Prompt runs under .Net 3.5. However, I doubt that this is the problem.

I'm replying to your email now.

Best regards,

David
  • Hi David,

I am very grateful for your help I have solved my problem by your steps.
    According to install.log file, I found the following issues. After I deleted them and reinstall it successfully.

"SchedXmlFile: Error 0x80070005: failed to read file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\Addins\RedGate.SQLPrompt.VSUI.AddIn
    SchedXmlFile: Error 0x80070005: failed to begin file change for file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\Addins\RedGate.SQLPrompt.VSUI.AddIn
    CustomAction SchedXmlFile returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    "
    Thank you again!!!
    :D:D:D:D
  • Hi Robin!

Not a problem. Let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks for posting the answer on the forum, this might help other people in the future if they come across this error!

Best regards,

David