BUG in timeline

amoelleramoeller Posts: 5
edited July 7, 2014 3:44PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
I've started new version 8.6 and minimized timeline. When I expand it, two timelines will be shown.
When I collaps it again, the top timeline will be collapsed, second bottom time line won't be collapsed.

screen 1

screen 2

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for this issue you're running into!

I tested on my machine and wasn't able to reproduce the problem, I'm afraid so it may be specific to the machine or app. Can I please check-- does it happen with any application that you profile? And what operating system and .net frameworks do you have installed?

Thanks!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Hi Jessica,

our application run (in this case) on Dell Latitude E6510, Win7 64Bit, Framework 3.5.

I can't reproduce it every time but with different applications.

In my personaly opinion, strange behaviour occurs when Processor Time will be enabled or disabled and after that, Time Line is a bit confused when it will be expanded or collapsed.

It seems to be important, that there is no enabled CallTree enabled at this time. So may be this area won't be set to invalidate and region is not repainted.

I hope that helps a bit :)

Best regards
    Andreas
    Hi Andreas,

Thanks very much! After profiling some more, I've actually been able to reproduce this. :)

I've just logged the issue as PP-3552 and am escalating it to the devs--I'll let you know once we have a fix!

• Hi Jessica,

I'm a bit confused. There are two different topics now. This here and Request #22568.

What's the right one to answer?

Best regards
    Andreas
    Hi Andreas!

Sorry about the confusion, you can respond to either one really. The ticket was logged for the forum post, and both are for this same issue.

(Tickets automatically get logged for forum posts when there has been no response to the post.)

• Hi Jessica,

thanks for reply. :)

Best regards
    Andreas