Options

Backup job hangs

stevenruk84stevenruk84 Posts: 3
edited July 11, 2014 4:17AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my nightly backup job where it is hanging on 1 particular DB

I have tried backing this up individually and all other backup seem fine. The backup will run indefinitely until it is stopped and I can only delete of the 1kb file once I restart the red gate service.

I found other threads relating to this such as

http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... hp?t=19623

however this looks to have been dealt with on an individual level, I have created the bug report file as stated in the above post as it wasn't there previously, would anyone be able to help me if I send this in at all please?

Cheers
Steve

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please send me the bug report file (peter.yeoh@red-gate.com)? Also, could you also send the SQL Backup command that's being used to back up the databases? Does the backup also hang if you use the same backup command to back up only that single database?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Hi Petey,

sorry for not replying sooner and thanks for the update but looks like the Database is affecting more than just the backup job so wont be red gate related. we have temporarily removed this DB from the backup job and it is working fine for everything else

Thanks for the response.

Steve