Options

Calling SmartAssembly from MSBuild Exec task in TFS build

doobopdoobop Posts: 9
edited June 30, 2014 9:49AM in SmartAssembly
I need to generate Obfuscated code on our build server. Our application uses log4Net so we are calling SmartAssembly from an Exec task rather than the SmartAssembly.Build task. This works fine on my local machine, but when I run it through TFS, it fails with an exit code of 1.

My build project contains this line (R: is a mapped drive):
<Exec Command=""C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 6\SmartAssembly" /build R:\MyApp\DtsFiberView.saproj" />

So, I'm wondering if someone has an example of a working Exec call in TFS and if this is all I need to do (and I have another problem) or if there are other preperations I need to perform with setting paths or anything else.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    The issue was found. There were a couple of issues. One dealt with how the drive mapping resolved on the TFS build machine. The second was were SmartAssembly pulled assemblies. Since it may pull things from the GAC, there were .dll's on my machine that weren't present on the build machine.
  • Options
    Thanks for following up! It is easy to get caught out when moving projects to a build server. I'm glad it's sorted out.