Options

Agent logging Wrong Certificate Error

skycaptainskycaptain Posts: 21
edited June 23, 2014 6:08AM in Deployment Manager
Hi,
I've just checked the windows log viewer and I found a lot of errors of type
Could not establish a trust relationship because the other party was using the wrong certificate; the key of the certificate they provided was:xxx while we would have accepted: xxx
I am certain that the key entered was the corect one! where is this key saved? I may take a look myself and see what's in there.

Thanks
SkyCaptain

Comments

• Options
    You can find the server key (which is the one the agent error log is complaining about) by going to your Deployment Manager web interface, and navigating to Settings->Server Key (http://{your_deployment_manager_address}/configuration/certificates).

You should also be able to tell whether the trust relationship between the server and agent is correct by performing a health check in the server. If an agent doesn't trust the server, it will show up as an offline agent.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your reply. The health check shows OK. However, I#ve just found out that the agent was used with another server (and another server key) and this is why we keep getting
    RedGate.Deploy.Agent.Services.AgentServiceHostStarter [(null)] - Could not establish a trust relationship because the other party was using the wrong certificate; the key of the certificate they provided was: CERT1 while we would have accepted: CERT2.
    The current server's key is CERT2, but for some reason is seems to be picking the old DM's key. I understand it may not be fatal but some concerns have been raised since there is an error in windows log viewer every few minutes. I thought there may be a way the agent can forget the old server.
    SkyCaptain
  • Options
    That message in the log only happens when a server tries to make contact with the agent with an unrecognised key, so it would appear that your old server is still alive and trying to talk to the agent. You need to remove the agent from the old server's list of machines (in the Environments tab).
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software