Options

Schedules Conflict - Log Shipping Restore

fordc03fordc03 Posts: 49 Bronze 2
edited October 7, 2014 8:14AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When I open SQL Backup, I get greeted with lots of red on the timeline because the schedules conflict...

Of course they conflict, I have 80 databases to Log Ship.

Aaaand to make matters worse, when I try to edit a Log Shipping Restore job on the destination server I get yet another error stating I can't modify it because of the wildcard.

So, how do I get rid of the red on the timeline on the destination server because of "schedule conflicts"?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    SQL Backup's timeline feature is there to warn you about things like this - because SQL Server does not allow you to run two backups on the same database at the same time, it is telling you that you are going to have problems. But it does not matter how many databases you are backing up. It's about two jobs on the same DB (or it should be).

The solution is to stagger the backups or to do them less frequently. For instance if you are trying to log ship every five minutes and the log backups take ten minutes, the backup jobs can fail.

I am not aware of the editing problem you have described - I am only aware that if you try to edit a job by hand in SSMS, it can break the parser in a way that you can no longer edit the job using SQL Backup.
  • Options
    SQL Backup's course of events gimmick is there to caution you about things like this - on the grounds that SQL Server does not permit you to run two reinforcements on the same database in the meantime, it is letting you know that you are going to have problems.the arrangement is to amaze the reinforcements or to do them less much of the time. Case in point on the off chance that you are attempting to log dispatch like clockwork and the log reinforcements take ten minutes, the reinforcement employments can fall flat.

I am mindful that in the event that you attempt to alter work by hand in SSMS, it can soften the parser up a way that you can no more alter the occupation utilizing SQL Backup.
    danial