Unexpected null value has been found....

When trying to "get latest" from a newly updated tfs source, I keep getting unexpected null value errors. I've sent a few error reports in, but I'd like to get this fixed fast.

Here's the error details:

An unexpected null value has been found while running postprocessing operations on the script database. Please ensure the script database is consistent. If the problem persists, please contact our support.

I've tried unlinking and relinking, but I continue to get errors. Anything else I can do?


  • Ok, was able to fix it, so I'm leaving the fix here for anyone who needs it:

    Go to the C:\Users\[your username here]\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 3\Transients folder.

    You'll find all the folders for your source control code here. Find the one that is linked to your database (You might need to fiddle with the setup to get a date modified changed on the folder) Rename that to something else, and set the connection up again. You should be able to start using "Get Latest" again.
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.

    To be honest, I'm surprised your solution worked if unlinking/relinking doesn't work (that should rebuild the transient folder from scratch). Please let us know if you run into any more issues.

    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107
Sign In or Register to comment.