could not interpret "proj file" as a valid source

gabbargabbar Posts: 3
edited May 22, 2014 1:56PM in Deployment Manager
Hello,
I am hitting an error publishing a build (MsBuild template) to RedGate.
1. I have made sure the build is built and exists
2. I am verified that the path to the csproj file is also correct.
3. There was another thread on this topic, which asked us to verify that we have not changed any folder names - I have not changed folder names.
Ref: http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... =interpret

Error Message:
Red Gate Package Publishing Tool version 2.4.12.1Invalid source argument:Could not interpret 'c:\Builds\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\src\Folder1\ProjectName.csproj' as a valid source. (type Exception)
Exception Stack Trace: at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Red Gate Package Publishing Tool version:

I am looking for instructions that could help me resolve this error and deploy my project successfully,

Kind Regards,
Saurabh

Comments

• Is the project a web application? RgPublish can only build and publish web application projects directly from the project file.

For all other project types, you'll need to build the project separately, and then use RgPublish to package up the output directory (or in conjunction with a .nuspec file if your packaging requirements are more complex than including the entire contents of a directory).
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Thank you. It was for a .exe. We have decided to skip using Deployment manager and will just copy the .exe by hand (it is not a frequent deployment). Thank you for explaining.