Restore Error

qafooqafoo Posts: 7
edited May 29, 2014 9:43AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I'm trying to estore from production to Dev environment i get the following error.

Error Start

Restoring full backup - Failed

This operation failed with errors.

Restoring CRM (database) from:
C:\Mydblocationo\FULL_(local)_CRM_20140508_094339.sqb
Thread 0 error:
Failed to service command. Error code: -2139684860
Process terminated unexpectedly. Error code: -2139684860 (An abort request is preventing anything except termination actions.)
Thread 1 error:
Failed to service command. Error code: -2139684860
Process terminated unexpectedly. Error code: -2139684860 (An abort request is preventing anything except termination actions.)
Thread 2 error:
Data decompression error: ZLib decompression error: buffer error
SQL error 3013: SQL error 3013: RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
SQL error 3241: SQL error 3241: The media family on device 'SQLBACKUP_4385AEBF-2808-4045-9CEE-D837716BD52202' is incorrectly formed. SQL Server cannot process this media family.
SQL error 3203: SQL error 3203: Read on "SQLBACKUP_4385AEBF-2808-4045-9CEE-D837716BD522" failed: 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.)
SQL Backup exit code: 790
SQL error code: 3203

Updating SQL Server information - Pending

Operation pending.

Error End
Version - 7.6.0.26

I've tried both application and converter no dice..

Thank you
Life is plain and simple

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

It looks like that the compression components within SQL Backup have failed to decompress the backup file.

If you have a tight deadline to meet and need to get this restored, there is a stand-alone version of the conversion tools available HERE.

Does this occur for every backup file you attempt to restore on this server?

Was the backup file copied from the Production Server to the Dev environment?

You can use the SQL Backup Testing Utilities which can be downloaded using this LINK.

From tools menu there is a file integrity checker and a MD5 hash generator. You ensure that the backup file is OK and if the backup file was copied create a hash code of the original and copied file, if the hashes do not match I suspect the copied file has corrupted.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Further update to my reply of the 9th May 2014.

The situation described in this forum post is very rare. From my experiences supporting SQL Backup, this problem occurs when manually copying files from one location to another, normally between different physical machines.

If the user does encounter this problem, you can use the SQL Backup Testing Utilities to check the file integrity of the copied file and to generate a MD5 hash of the copied file, generate MD5 hash of the original backup file and compare the hash codes. If there is a mismatch in the MD5 hash code, the copied file is most likely corrupted.

Retry the manual copy process, or use an alternative copying tool.

If you still continue to encounter problems, please send an email to the Red Gate Support team [support@red-gate.com] and create a support ticket.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com