Options

Public properties of merged DLLs don't get obfuscated

claus.netclaus.net Posts: 8 Bronze 1
edited May 26, 2014 2:18PM in SmartAssembly
According to your documentation it should be possible to obfuscate public properties of merged DLLs as they are turned to "internal".

But this doesn't happen in my project. They remain "public" and don't get obfuscated, only the class name itself is obfuscated but this isn't enough.

What could be the reason for this behavior?

Comments

• Options
    Could you have any of these properties labelled as "internals-visible-to "?
  • Options
    No, they aren't labelled that way.
  • Options
    Put smartassembly in debug mode and we can inspect the resulting log. It shouls tell us why it has excluded anything form obfuscation.

http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... rtAssembly
  • Options
    I generated the log.

The relevant properties aren't listed in the log file.

The only entries for a relevant class (as an example) I could find in the log are the following:

2014-04-30 15:19:05,045 TRACE SmartAssembly.ObfuscationAnalyzer: Method [NAMESPACE]NAMESPACE.Accommodation::instance System.Void .ctor(valuetype [mscorlib]System.Guid) excluded from obfuscation: RtSpecialName

2014-04-30 15:19:05,045 TRACE SmartAssembly.ObfuscationAnalyzer: Method [NAMESPACE]NAMESPACE.Accommodation::instance System.Void .ctor() excluded from obfuscation: RtSpecialName

The properties of "Accommodation" stay public and don't get obfuscated.
  • Options
    So, my reading of this is that smartassemlby has excluded this from processing simply because it has been labelled with rtspecialname- indicating it has significance at the global level.

If you look at the IL for that method- has it been labelled with rtspecialname?
  • Options
    Yes, the two constructors are labelled with "rtspecialname".

Nothing else in the class, though.
  • Options
    RobotGizmoRobotGizmo Posts: 1 Bronze 1
    Are there any updates on this? We're having the exact same issue, our merged assembly is still marked as public.