Options

After SQL2014 install, only see SSC and Tab H. 6.3.0.344

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited April 23, 2014 2:39PM in SQL Prompt
Ran Help on SQL Prompt, Check for Updates, saw that 6.3.0.344 was available. Installed it.

SSMS2012 sees ALL Red Gate Tools. SSMS2014 sees just SSC and Tab History.

Is there a re-reg script I can run to get my add-in's back, please?
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post.

Can you send us screenshot of the issue? No SQL Prompt menu item?

Can you navigate to Tools --> Customize --> Toolbars --> Redgate is this checkbox selected?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    If you look in these folders:

C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/SQL Server Management Studio/11.0/Addins
    C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/SQL Server Management Studio/12.0/Addins

11.0 has the addins for SSMS2012 and 12.0 the addins for SSMS2014. Please copy the missing .AddIn files into the 12.0 folder.

RedGate.SIPFramework.AddIn is Red Gate's framework for SSMS addins used by all our tools except, Prompt, SSC, SQL Compare and Data Compare.

RedGate.SSMSIP.SSMS2012.addin is SQL Compare and Data Compare's SSMS addin. This doesn't work in SSMS2014 yet, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems either.
  • Options
    @David:

Copied, and BOOM! Two {SA} Error Reports incoming...

SSMS now shows all the tools in the RG toolbar. I re-sequenced them because to have SQL Search at far right means it's the first tool to be hidden when the toolbar area gets crammed, so I want it first.

Shut down SSMS.

Restarted. BOOM! 2 {SA} errors that I refrained from boring you with.

RG Toolbar customization LOST! (GRRRRR! Again!)

What's missing, please, so I stop losing configurations and get around the {SA} reports...?

Thanks.
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    @Anu:

Screenshot snagged and emailed.
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    Ah :-( I'm sorry about that. Which application did the {SA} come from?

My best guess is that the SQL Compare/Data Compare addin isnt't as harmless as I thought. So please delete RedGate.SSMSIP.SSMS2012.addin from the SSMS2014 addin directory.

If your {SA}s still happens please install the SQL Search v2 beta. This will install an up to date version of SIPFramework and has been tested with SSMS 2014.
    http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ta+program
  • Options
    @David:

Deleting that file stopped the {sa} reports.

I was already on v2.0.1.8 of SQL Search.

Now, if only my RG Toolbar customizations would STICK! They never have, from day 1 of the introduction of the Toolbar, and I've used Uservoice and various RG Forums in an attempt to get some traction on this BUG, to no avail...

Is there ANYWHERE that I can go, registry perhaps, to set the SEQUENCE and PRESENTATION so that my Default (icon only) is observed FOREVER, please? (Frustration quotient is high - higher since the ecosystem was released because SQL Search is now, as said in an earlier post, the LAST on the toolbar, so its going out of sight most of the time is a royal pain in the rear!)

Hope you can interest "someone" to fix this...
    Decide wisely...