Change for commit keeps being detected

yy2462yy2462 Posts: 3
Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Source Control 3 as it looks like an excellent tool for my department. So far so good, but I've run into one small issue and am wondering if anyone else has encountered.

One of the tables keeps being displayed as having an edit change to commit. This table has a disabled trigger associated with it. The first commit included one line for "DISABLE TRIGGER [name of trigger] ON [name of table]". Each time I commit, the table shows up again with an *additional* "DISABLE TRIGGER..." line added to the database version.

Thanks for any insight!

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I've seen this behavior from SQL Source Control when there's some reason it isn't correctly scripting objects. What happens is it puts the incorrect script in your repository, but at the next commit, it can't find it in the repository and assumes it's not there and that you have to commit again.

Can you check in your repository in the tables folder for the script associated with your table? I'm guessing you won't see the DISABLE TRIGGER statement in there. (If that's the case, you might be able to "fix" the problem by manually adding it into the script, then unlinking and relinking your database.)

I'm also happy to work with you on the phone or through the ticket we have open for you (ticket #16799).

Thanks,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107
  • Thank you, Evan. It's useful to know that this is a known behavior and that there is a probable workaround. I checked the script for the table in the repository but the DISABLE TRIGGER statement was in there.

I thought I would experiment a little by enabling the trigger in the database directly. The change was picked up and properly committed. When I then disabled the trigger, the issue reoccurred where the change keeps being detected for commit.
  • Hm, I'm not sure I can explain why that's happening. This kind of behavior is pretty rare, to be honest.

I'm happy to troubleshoot further, but it would be great if I could get some screenshots or if we could do a call.

Feel free to respond through the ticket as well.

Thanks,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107