Slowly refresh

chavdarkchavdark Posts: 3
edited December 1, 2014 12:21PM in Source Control for Oracle
Hi, I've downloaded and tested the Source Control for Oracle v.2, but have some problems refreshing objects.
The refresh takes a very long time - may be 5 or more minutes. Is this normal behaviour? This makes it practicaly unusable. The changes I've made on database will apear after very long time.
I am using TFS.

Comments

• Is seems that it is working much faster when I connect with SYS user.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Chavdark,
    thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

I am not aware of any specific performance problems. If you added a schema that is very complex, would expect Source Control for Oracle (SCO) to take a longer time to refresh compared to schema containing much fewer objects.

Also you need to take into account the workload of the Oracle server, TFS server, the machine running SCO, network bandwith.

There are no configuration settings within SCO that will speed up the actual refresh process.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Perhaps disabling automatic refresh would be helpful. Once you are ready, use manual refresh. Right-click on the project on the Source Control Projects tab, uncheck refresh automatically, and then use the Refresh menu item. It would seem, however, that Source Control for Oracle ought to be able to tell exactly which objects have been locally modified and compare (only) those with the database. Am I missing something?