SQL Backup 7.0 has been released

Brian HarrisBrian Harris Posts: 18
edited March 20, 2014 5:22AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
We're pleased to announce that SQL Backup 7 has been released. This is a major release and includes new features to make it easy to verify your backups.

http://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-backup/

New features:

• Create scheduled restore jobs to restore the latest backup each time the job runs – the backups do not have to exist at the time the job is created.

• Create scheduled restore jobs to restore specific backup files which already exist.

• Run a database integrity check as part of a scheduled restore job.

• Drop a database following a scheduled restore and database integrity check.

• Create a reminder to verify backups from the Schedule Backup Jobs wizard and launch the Schedule Restore Jobs wizard populated with details from the backup job.

• Include CHECKSUM in a backup from the Back Up or Schedule Backup Jobs wizard.

• Create copy-only backups from the Back Up or Schedule Backup Jobs wizard.

• View results of CHECKSUM and DBCC CHECKDB from the Activity History.
Brian Harris
- Project Manager, SQL Backup
- Red Gate Software Ltd.

Comments

• EdCardenEdCarden Posts: 134 Silver 1
    Before I upgrade to version 7 from the 6.X verison that I just installed last night (would have been nice to have gotten a warning last night that version 7 would be out the next day) I'd like to know if the new version supports creating a scheduled backup job that is a COPY_ONLY backup? I see COPY_ONLY listed as a new feature but its not celar if I can setup a scheduled jopb (recuring or one time) that will createa a COPY_ONLY backup everytime it runs.

Thanks
  • Hi EdCarden,

Yes, it is possible to set up a scheduled backup job to take a copy-only backup each time the job runs. Just select the option on step 2 of the Schedule Backup Jobs wizard when you create the job. The option is also available in the Back Up wizard for one-off backups.

Thanks,

Marianne
    Marianne Crowder
    Red Gate Software Limited
  • I'd like to know if the new version supports creating a scheduled backup job that is a copy_only backup? I see copy_only listed as a new feature but its not celar if I can setup a scheduled jopb (recuring or one time) that will create a copy_only backup everytime it runs.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Larabrian

Yes, SQL Backup v7 does support copy_only backup. Step 2 of both the backup wizard and scheduled backup wizard you can select a copy-only backup. Or you can edit your existing syntax and add the copy_only keyword.

If you create a scheduled backup job and select the copy_only option, it will perform a copy_only backup every time the job is run.

The latest version of SQL Backup is now at V7.6.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com