Options

Error: Could not find file SQLCompareSimpleHTMLReport.xsl

Barney1942Barney1942 Posts: 2
edited March 17, 2014 6:08AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

I am evaluating this product to see if it servers our needs following an error where our Prod, Test, Stage and Dev environments became out of sync.

I was under the impression that you only need the "SQL Automation Pack" to run compares from the command line and the full SQL Compare 10 can be used to create projects. I therefore have both installed on my laptop, but if we use this option the SQL AP will be on a single centralized server and Compare will be on each Developers laptop.

I have a command line which works and reads a project and returns an output, most excellent and was again under the impression I just needed to take the CL and run it under SQL Automation Pack.

CL : "SQLCompare.exe /project:"C:\xxxxxx\DEV v PROD.scp" /verbose /rad /report:c:\temp\report.html /reportType:Simple"

and then I tried to run it in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Compare 10>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Automation Pack 1\sqlCI\SC>

in directory 1 - no problem
in directory 2 - "Error: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Automation Pack 1\sqlCI\SC\SQLCompareSimpleHTMLReport.xsl'."

Am I making a schoolboy error here??
Have I missed something obvious??

Forums and Wiki checked and nothing obvious.

Cheers

Barney

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Barney,

I think the best thing for now would be to copy all of the .XSL files from the SQL Compare 10 installation folder to the automation pack folder. that should fix the problem.