Error on commit changes tab in SSMS -- ver 3.5.6.338 -

carpentercraigcarpentercraig Posts: 10 Bronze 1
Upon selection of the commit changes tab - the tool goes thru the first couple steps -- on step 3 of 4 (Registering database) the following appears.....

Unable to cast object of type 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.RelationalIndex' to type 'RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Statistics'.

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    There's unfortunately not quite enough to go on here to give you an exact fix.
    It'll generally indicate some sort of problem with us parsing either the DB itself, or the files in the repository.

To narrow down where the problem is, can you unlink the DB, restart SSMS, then link to a new "evaluation repository", commit all objects, and refresh the commit tab?

If the problem persists, it's most likely something in your DB, but if the problem goes away, it's more likely a problem in the files in the repository.

To then narrow it down, we most likely need to see the error report as this will often indicate the object causing trouble, so can you send that in (making sure you put your email in the box) and then email support@red-gate.com to raise a ticket, referencing this forum thread?

Thanks!
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• I have submitted an error report via the tool interface -- my email address was provided as well.

Thanks
    Thanks- did you also email in to raise a support ticket? I didn't see that yet, but not sure if my colleagues in the US office picked it up already.

Redgate Software

• Only raised/submitted via the automatic generation provided by the tool -- not aware that a separate one needs to be filed thru another process
    If you could do it would be great. When you submit the error report, it goes into the bugtracker used by our developers, but doesn't raise a support ticket automatically. You can either email the support address directly, or via the web portal here

Thanks!

Redgate Software

• submitted
  • When you click on the SQL Source Control button, does nothing happen?
    Subscribe for pmp certification online dumps training sessions to guarantee pass ccna exam Also get free download link for the next Microsoft Certification Training after getting success in www.ndm.edu
  • The original post indicates what occurs after going into the tab