SQL source control failing to notice a new column

boournsboourns Posts: 2
I'm trying to bring my development database up to date and noticed something odd. There's a table where a column was recently added by another developer. This new column is never proposed to be created by source control when I get latest, even though my local database doesn't have the column. Here's an example of my .SQL file, with unrelated columns removed and the table and field names changed:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[MyTable]
(
[MyID] [int] NOT NULL IDENTITY(1, 1),
[ProblemField] [varchar] (36) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]

The "ProblemField" is the new one. I tried removing the "COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" part but source control still does not propose adding it.

I'm using SQL server 2008 R2, SQL source control 3.5.6.338 and Mercurial.

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Are there any changes newer than the column you're referring to that are showing up in the get latest tab?

If not, I'm guessing there is either something wrong with the "transient" folder (which is a representation of the repository that we use locally to determine what shows up on the "get latest" tab), or possibly the working folder that you're linking to.

Can you try manually getting latest on your working folder, then unlinking/relinking your database to that folder?

We also have a ticket open for you (reference 14121), so feel free to contact me there if you'd like to troubleshoot through email or over the phone.

Regards,
    Evan
    Evan Moss
    Product Support
    (866) 627-8107