Options

ANTS 8.5 repeatedly crashing when profiling on IIS

MrCocheseMrCochese Posts: 2
edited February 28, 2014 9:18AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
I'm having issues while trying to profile a .Net 3.5 MVC application that's running on IIS 7. I need to keep the default ports, as SSH is required, so the application is restarted upon profiling. Profiling runs fine during the application start phase, showing IoC bootstrapping and NHibernate setup happening, but at a certain point the profiler is crashing with the message:

Unhandled exception at 0x000000018005030A (RedGate.Profiler.Core.dll) in w3wp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000000000005C.

I expect there's something in the solution that the profiler does not agree with, but I'm struggling to find any additional information that might help. Has anyone seen this error?

Comments

• Options
    I'd agree that it looks like there's something either in your application or the environment that the profiler doesn't like.

The first suggestion would be to ensure you've tried all the troubleshooting steps relevant to IIS and crashes in general as these help in a lot of cases. You'll find those links here and here

Often these things come down to a simple permissions problem.

If none of that helps, (or if the attach to process option works but not line/method level) it's likely that some component of your application doesn't like the instrumenting profiling methods. Sometimes we can work around these, sometimes not... post back if you're still stuck and we can get in touch directly to help out further.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software