Performance profiler doesnt work with 64 bit dev cassini

varunaggvarunagg Posts: 3
edited January 19, 2015 10:16AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 8
Hi,

It seems Performance Profiler doesn't work with 64 bit dev cassini. It gives an error stating "RedGate.Profiler.UI.ErrorTarget - Timed out waiting for port 2257 on 127.0.0.1 to become available". Could you please confirm if there is any workaround or plan to support 64 bit of dev cassini?

Thanks,
Varun

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Varun,

Thanks for your post!

There aren't any issues with 64-bit Cassini that I'm aware of. Can I please check a few things that might shed some light on what's going wrong..

-Is it .NET 4.0 Cassini? If so, do you have any problems if you just run it normally and then attach?

-Have you tried running the profiler explicitly as administrator to rule out any permissions issues? (you'll need to press shift as you right-click to get the 'run as administrator' option from the start menu)

-Do you get any errors in Event Viewer regarding the profiler or your application?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Yes, it is .NET 4 Cassini. I tried attaching profiler to already running cassini process using "Attach to .NET 4+ process" but got an error "There is already a profiler attached to this process.".
    Yes, I have been running profiler as administrator.
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Varun,

Hm I see, do you have any monitoring tools that might be automatically hooking into your application? Or have you done a profiling session with Cassini before that may have ended badly (so that the profiler was not properly 'detached')?

Could you please:

-Download Process Explorer if you don't have it already - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysi ... 96653.aspx
    -Close down all instances of ANTS Performance Profiler running on your machine
    -Start your application as normal
    -Open Process Explorer, and look for the Cassini process
    -Right click on the process, click Properties and then click the Environment tab.
    -Look for the COR_ENABLE_PROFILING and COR_PROFILER variables and please let me know their values

That will hopefully give us an idea of what's currently attached!

Can I also check--when you get the original "Timed out waiting for port 2257 on 127.0.0.1 to become available" error, are there related errors in Event Viewer?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Just to update this, after working with Varun, we've confirmed that ANTS Performance Profiler doesn't support 64-bit versions of Cassini correctly. If this affects you, please use IIS Express (or full IIS) as a workaround.
    Dominic Smith,
    Project Manager,
    Redgate.