Adding license file (trial)

crbcrb Posts: 5
I've tried following the instructions in http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... rison+SDK# to add the license file to my project but it never shows up in the solution explorer. So instead I added it through the Project --> Properties --> resources tool. But I am unable to find how to specify it is an Embedded resource. I can specify the Access Modifier (as internal or public--internal being the default), the file type ("Text") and encoding "Unicode (UTF-8) - Codepage 65001"

The problem is I still get the following error which pops up multiple times when I run the application. If I click through the errors it runs, but I want to make sure I am doing the licensing correctly.

"This application was produced with an unlicensed copy of the Red Gate SQL Comparison SDK which will expire on 3/2/2014"....

I am working in VS 2012 (Windows 7 64-bit).

Thanks in advance!

Cheryl

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Cheryl,

I believe I am already working with you on this via a support ticket you had raised.

Licenses.licx sometimes does not appear in solution explorer - but if you see it on local disk it should still work.

Creating a resource via the resources editor is not the way to go - licenses.licx is a "special" file that VS recognizes as part of Microsoft's .NET licensing scheme. When VS sees that file, VS invokes an executable (lc.exe) to create the licence resource for you to be embedded into the assembly.