Options

Insert data without identity insert

jdgonzalezjdgonzalez Posts: 2
edited February 17, 2014 6:02AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I've been using SQL Compare to compare the schema, but we also have some data that is in source control. But when a new row gets added to a table that is source controlled, it scripts out the insert but with an identity insert enabled.

How can I have it script out the insert so that it doesn't include the ID? SQL Compare also drops the constraints, inserts the data, then readds them but some of them have a nocheck.

Am I using the wrong product for this?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

I do not believe that you are using the product incorrectly.

With regards to the scenario when a new row is added, currently it is not possible to disable the Identity Insert, therefore I have submitted a Feature Request, reference SC-6852. I cannot guarantee that the enchancement request will be successful or if approval is given what future version of SQL Compare it will appear in.

With regards to the second paragraph in your post, where SQL Compare drops the constraints, inserts the data and re-adds the constraints but some of the rows being inserted have NOCHECK. I have added the details to an existing Bug Report, reference SC-4077. Hopefully this bug will fixed in a future version of SQL Compare.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com