Options

SQL Monitor Slow

xexexxexex Posts: 56
edited October 17, 2014 5:14AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I've upgraded SQL monitor from 3.5 to 4, after upgrade, SQL Monitor need more than 10 sec to load a page.
There are 2 server for monitoring, we use default Data purging setting. We've also enable "trace" option on both SQL servers.

We've 8GB RAM on the machine that SQL monitor installed, and CPU usage is low.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for your post. I do not believe this is because of the upgrade as very little has changed in the web components.

There is no information to go on, so I don't have an answer. Do you believe the base monitor's activities are the cause of this?

Which pages are exhibiting this problem?

How many users are connecting at one time?

If you look at Task Manager, which processes are using the *most* CPU? If Base Monitor and web are on two different computers, what is the usage of the Base Monitor process on the machine that is running it?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I've changed the purge time to 1 day, disable all custom metrics and then reboot the computer last night.

I need to wait more than 10 sec even at the login page using url "http://localhost:8080"

Only 1 user connecting.

Web and base are installed on the same machine.

p151.jpg
  • Options
    I've reinstalled SQL Monitor. No server is monitored but the page still load very slow.
    I'm using AMD A8-5600K, 8GB RAM, Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x86.
  • Options
    I am similar seeing bizarre performance, sometimes responsive, sometimes takes > 10 sec to refresh. Did you have any luck tracking this down? Otherwise the server in question seems fine.
  • Options
    Hi sdcharle

Can I suggest that you email support@red-gate.com with your SQL Monitor error log files so that we can investigate?

https://documentation.red-gate.com/page ... d=20743048